Monday, April 12, 2010

Delicious Spinach Artichoke Dip!

So...here is the long awaited recipe! Measurements are approximate, since you can add or subtract whatever suits your tastes, and you can't really mess it up! :)

Start by putting about 2 tbsp butter in a saucepan on medium heat. Add 2 large cloves of garlic, minced, and sautee it in the butter. Then, add about 2-2 1/2 cups frozen chopped spinach (or 1 1/2-1 3/4 cups if already defrosted) and about 3/4 cup-1 cup chopped artichoke hearts from a jar, adding more if desired. I used the "Cara Mia" brand, they're delicious. Stir well while cooking for about 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Then, add about 3/4 cup cream cheese, softened, and about 1/2 cup sour cream. Feel free to add more of each if you want a more creamy consistency. Stir it together, then add about 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese and salt to taste and stir it in. Cook, stirring frequently, for another 5 minutes, until cream takes on an overall green color. Preheat the oven to about 375 degrees, and put dip into a small casserole dish or other glass dish with a lid. Top it with about 3/4 cup-1 cup grated mozzarella cheese (or enough to cover the top) and another 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Put it in the oven, covered, for about 10 minutes. Remove lid and allow to cook in oven for another 5-10 minutes, until cheese is thoroughly melted and possibly light golden brown on top. Great for parties or other gatherings, because it stays warm for up to an hour! Serve with bread cubes, crackers, or tortilla chips. Serves about 8-10 very happy eaters. :)

Let me know how you like it, and if there were any adjustments you made that deviated a lot from the recipe. When I made it, I just threw stuff in without measuring too much, so the result may be different than when I made it the first time. I'm actually going to make it again tomorrow (at John's request), sticking to the amounts I mentioned here, and if there's any major differences, I'll make note of it. Good luck!

4/18- I made it again, using only about 1/2 cup sour cream (3/4 cup is TOO much cream and not enough veggie!) and about 1 full cup of grated mozzarella cheese to cover the entire dish. Those were the only changes I made, and it turned out great!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't even tell you how excited I am to make this! My mouth is watering just thinking about it! And I'm really glad you have a blog now... welcome to the world of blogging, blog-stalkers, and blog-stalkies:) It's great!

    ReplyDelete